Search Blackpool and Lancashire

08 June 2024

Tithe Barn Lane, Sheep and Streams

Nearest location for parking PR3 1 DG (near Garstang).

2.5 mile walk

This must be popular. A couple arrived at the parking point just before me and headed off to the footbridge over the railway line. I was right behind them. I turned left, towards the stream, and they continued going east. Halfway around I saw them walking across a field cutting a corner off, while I carried on up Tithe Barn Lane. Nearly back at the starting point, near the bridge for the M6 motorway I saw them again. So, basically, we did the same route, only they went anti-clockwise, while I went clockwise. How about that! And I had just picked a random spot with footpaths on while browsing Google Maps.

The West Coast Main Line is a major railway route in the United Kingdom, connecting London Euston to Glasgow Central and Edinburgh Waverley via the West Midlands, North West England, and southern Scotland. The route is close to and parallel to, the M6 motorway.


So here's my selection of pictures:

















The path took me close to these grazing sheep. You should have seen them move when they saw me coming! Soon, I was going through the wood on the left.



Out the other side of the wood, there was a chill wind blowing, despite the sunshine.









After crossing the field you come out onto Tithe Barn Lane with its tempting signpost. Warning! This is steep. The view below looks back down Tithe Barn Lane. Then its right, into Higher Lane where you can see the sheep grazing.






Above and below: views from Higher Lane.





Find more posts in this Blackpool Lancs, A-Z Index.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts are moderated